About Ceramic Implants
Zirconia is a type of ceramic material that is extremely strong and designed to withstand tremendous biting forces. It is metal-free, hypoallergenic, non-corrosive, biocompatible, and does not conduct heat or electrical energy. It also does not cause any irritation to the immune system. In addition to traditional titanium dental implants, our practice is proud to offer ceramic implants to our patients. We are a certified provider of Nobel Biocare™, a world leader of innovative implant-based dental restorations.
Nobel developed NobelPearl™, which is a 100% metal-free, two-piece ceramic implant solution with a cement-free connection. It is designed to support a natural soft tissue appearance and can help restore your smile and confidence. We are excited to offer this tooth replacement solution to patients looking for an alternative to titanium implants.
Benefits of Ceramic Implants
NobelPearl offers many wonderful benefits:
- Natural aesthetics. Zirconia is white. This means that there are no gray shadows, even with thin or receding gums. This is a great solution for a natural-looking smile.
- Natural properties. It neither conducts heat nor electrical energy, which can be a problem for some patients with titanium implants. As a ceramic material, it does not have electromagnetic properties and will not affect organ bio-vibrations and energy meridians. This is ideal for patients who have adopted a natural lifestyle and adhere to natural health principles.
- Natural harmony with soft tissue. It is biocompatible with the surrounding tissue, and the gums naturally blend in with the ceramic implant.
- Metal-free and non-allergenic. NobelPearl is 100% metal-free. Zirconia, a ceramic, is non-corrosive and is very friendly to the immune system since there are no corroding elements, such as metal. This is ideal for patients who have had complications with metal implants or patients with autoimmune disorders.
- Less plaque. Zirconia has been shown to resist plaque buildup better than other materials. This reduces the risk of gum inflammation around the implants and promotes healthier gums, which leads to stable bone levels around implants, improved overall health, and decreased risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
- Can replace multiple teeth. Ceramic implants can replace one or more missing or damaged teeth.
If you’d like to learn more about the ceramic implant, NobelPearl, feel free to visit their website.
Ceramic or titanium?
Many patients wish to have a complete smile and may not know which implant type is right for them. Our doctors will discuss tooth replacement options with you and help you determine the right choice.
Some patients choose ceramic because they have an allergic reaction or sensitivity to metals including titanium. Some choose them for natural reasons to avoid metal implants in their bodies. Many patients like that ceramic implants look more natural than titanium ones because of their natural white color.
Zirconia/Ceramic Implants in Grand Rapids, MI, and Surrounding Areas
If you are ready to explore your tooth replacement options, please contact our office. Our specialists will evaluate your condition and develop a personalized treatment plan to help you achieve the healthy and complete smile you have always wanted.