We know how troubling it is to live with painful or missing teeth. Your self-esteem may be suffering, and you may be having a hard time eating the foods you love or smiling with confidence. Over time, dental shifting and jaw bone atrophy can occur with prolonged tooth loss. Dental implants solve these problems and are, by far, the most desirable and versatile tooth restoration solution for broken, failing, or missing teeth.
A single dental implant consists of three parts: a titanium post that is surgically inserted into the jaw bone to support it; an abutment piece that is used to connect the post to a custom-made crown; and the crown itself, which is designed to match your existing teeth. Patients can enjoy the look, feel, and functional abilities of natural teeth as well as improved oral health. Implants fuse with the jaw bone, preventing the bone atrophy that can occur from extended tooth loss. Dentures and bridges last only a few years, but dental implants can last a lifetime with proper dental care.
At our practice, we deliver replacement solutions that match our patients’ desires and conditions so that their overall health, oral health, and well-being are improved. Drs. Jesin and Lytle perform dental implants and implant-based restorations in the comfort and safety of our practice in Grand Rapids, MI, where you will be cared for and monitored by our professional clinical staff. We are also the first practice in Michigan to offer the cutting-edge X-Guide® Dynamic 3D Navigation system for the most precise and least invasive dental implant placement possible.
Denture Replacement With Dental Implants
Dental implants are a long-lasting alternative to removable dentures that will leave you feeling more confident about your smile. Traditional dentures can be clunky, slide around in your mouth, cause sores, and bring you embarrassment when it’s time to remove them during meals or brushing. Many patients who wear full or partial dentures seek a more convenient, long-term solution.
Dental implants are a fantastic denture replacement. They prevent jaw bone loss and you can have multiple implants placed to restore one or both arches of teeth. This treatment, called the All-on-4® treatment concept, is a healthy alternative to dentures that completely restores oral function. If you seek denture replacement in Grand Rapids, MI, contact Advanced Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Studio today.
On-site Dental Lab
We have established our very own dental lab, bringing operations in-house and reducing our patients’ treatment times. Our lab is one of only 30 nationwide that utilizes the highly advanced PIC® scanner for dental implant placement. A team of dental experts then finalizes the look of the replacement teeth to ensure they appear as natural as possible. With access to all the imaging and fabrication equipment we need, we are able to provide same-day dental implants to our patients for quicker and improved clinical results.
To learn more about full-arch replacements, including permanent dentures and more, please visit our All-on-4 treatment concept page.
What are the benefits?
Dental implants are a realistic and durable tooth restoration solution that benefits your oral health. The success rate of this procedure is around 98%. They offer many advantages over more traditional tooth replacements, such as fixed bridges and dentures. Some of the key benefits include
- Durable and permanent. Because the implant fuses with the bone in your jaw, patients enjoy a long-term, realistic replacement. With good oral hygiene, it can last a lifetime.
- Natural-looking. It’s hard to beat a tooth replacement option that truly looks, feels, and functions just like natural teeth.
- A confident smile. Improved self-confidence is common for our implant patients. They love smiling, knowing that no one can tell that they have had a tooth restored!
- Enjoy eating again. Enjoy eating your favorite foods comfortably and confidently.
- Protects bone health and structure. Dental implants replace the entire tooth, including the root, so they stimulate the bone under your gums to prevent bone loss just like natural teeth.
- Versatile. They can replace one or multiple missing teeth or even an entire arch of teeth.
- Patient candidacy. With advances in bone grafting techniques, many patients are candidates.
If you are healthy enough to have a standard tooth extraction, replacing one tooth or many teeth with dental implants is likely an option for you.
How much will it cost?
At our practice, we aim to provide excellent service at competitive prices that keep you smiling. Every patient’s condition is different. The cost for your dental implants at our practice will vary depending on your treatment plan. We will base the cost on the number of implants you receive, if you need a bone graft for successful placement, and/or if you will require extraction before your surgery. Your insurance coverage will also factor into the overall cost. We accept many types of insurance and have multiple payment options to make oral surgery possible for you.
Choosing an experienced and trusted oral surgeon is crucial when considering tooth restoration. Drs. Jesin and Lytle have the skills and training that you are looking for, and they use the most advanced surgical techniques to make sure that their patients have the finest outcome. The best way to estimate your dental implant cost is to schedule your consultation. Drs. Jesin or Lytle will work with you to create a treatment plan that considers every part of your unique treatment and will make every effort to include an accurate estimate of your cost. Placing dental implants is our specialty!
The Value of Dental Implants
Dental implants are truly life-changing for our patients. They look, feel, and function like natural teeth. Dental implants protect the health of your jaw and facial structure, and when properly cared for, they can last a lifetime. They can also eliminate the need for removable dentures. Other, more traditional tooth restorations must be replaced periodically and do not have the same protective influence on the health of the jaw and surrounding teeth.
Below are some of the reasons many of our patients choose to invest in dental implants:
- Lifelong replacement teeth. They will not need to be replaced and can last a lifetime with proper oral care and regular dental appointments. This benefit saves you the inconvenience and cost of more treatment for your missing teeth; it is one of the main reasons people choose implants over traditional bridges and dentures.
- Protects oral health and facial harmony. Because it fuses with your jaw bone through a process called osseointegration, it acts just like a natural tooth’s root and helps keep bone loss at bay. Since dental implants are designed to last a lifetime, you can enjoy healthier teeth and jaws that are properly aligned in the dental arch.
- Better quality of life. Let’s face it: being able to eat, speak, and smile with confidence is wonderful! These everyday life improvements all add up to a happier and healthier you.
Please check out our dental implant FAQ. If you live in the Grand Rapids, MI, area and are looking for a permanent, healthy tooth replacement option, we encourage you to give Advanced Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Studio a call today. Our friendly staff will be happy to schedule a consultation for you with Drs. Jesin or Lytle to discuss the details of this life-changing tooth restoration solution and discover if it is the right option to restore your smile.