What is the Academic Advantage Program?
The team at Advanced Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Studio is proud to present our Academic Advantage event on Saturday, March 23 at Frederik Meijer Gardens. The event is designed to provide students interested in pursuing a career in either the medical or dental fields with the tools needed to be successful. The event is a great resource for students to learn more about accomplishing their desired healthcare career goals. By preparing for college early, students can get the head start needed to thrive in on their path to the career of their dreams. Make attending the Academic Advantage event part of your college preparation process.
What will the students learn?
The Academic Advantage program event brings together a panel of healthcare professionals to help students navigate school successfully and create a path toward a prosperous future medical career. Student participants can expect to learn about
- How to get started right now
- The process of college admissions
- Steps for making a college application unique
- The rewarding aspects of a medical or dental career
- A typical daily routine of a dental/medical professional
- The steps for completing the education and training required for specific healthcare professions in the healthcare field
Enter for a chance to win an Academic Advantage scholarship!
Advanced Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Studio wants to help local students pursue their educational goals, so we are awarding two students with $1000 scholarships at the Academic Advantage event. One student will also have the opportunity to receive a $500 scholarship. All students will have the chance to win some fun surprises!
To enter, you must complete the questionnaire and submit your scholarship essay before Saturday, March 23, as well as be present at the event.
March 23, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Frederik Meijer Gardens
1000 East Beltline Ave NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
- Mark L. Jesin, DDS – Oral Surgeon at Advanced Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Studio
- Justin Singer, MD – Neurosurgeon at Spectrum Health Medical Group Neurosurgery
- Nicole Grode, PA-C – Physician’s Assistant – Orthopedic Surgery at Spectrum Health
- Robyn Hubbard, MD – Obstetrician & Gynecologist at Spectrum Health Medical Group Neurosurgery
- Lindsey Hansen – Assistant Director of Admissions at Aquinas College